Learn how to use nurturing touch to bond with your baby
This baby massage course offers a wonderful opportunity for you to learn how to communicate with your baby through nurturing touch in a small and welcoming group. Baby massage is a long-standing parenting tradition in many cultures, with numerous benefits for both baby and parent such as:
Benefits for your baby
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
Benefits for you
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity to spend one-to-one time with your baby
Price is £55 for the 5-week course. This includes entry to Skyboat Café soft play.
Also included is a parent booklet
of infant massage strokes and massage oil.
We will be using organic cold presses sunflower oil.
Please bring a pillow and a towel for your baby to lie upon. This course is run by Lara Saxby, the owner of Skybat café and a certified International Association of Infant Massage instructor, the largest and longest standing worldwide association solely dedicated to baby massage. The IAIM baby massage course draws from both the Indian and Swedish massage traditions, as well as incorporating principles from yoga and reflexology.